Do you want to feel the rush of a scale-up instead of a vast corporate? Do you want to deep dive in fintech? Do you want to make a difference and have real impact on the quality of a complex IT platform? Do you think it’s fun to be constantly challenged and work closely with the product & dev team? If so, then Blanco is the right fit for you. We’re a scale-up that develops innovative solutions for Wealth & Asset Managers and we’re looking for a real Manual Testing Champion to join our team.
At Blanco, we work with the most sensitive data of our clients, such as handling private information about end-clients in our Know-Your-Client suite, or processing high volumes of securities transactions in our Portfolio Management Suite and Broker-Custodian Suite. We want to live up to our client’s trust by assuring the highest quality standards.
As the Manual Tester of Blanco, you will have a crucial role in ensuring that our applications are error free and work conform specified functional requirement. You will have an important role in creating the conditions for further automation of testing by creating solid test scripts. Your job will definitely be fun and exciting, since you’ll be working with a diverse, international, enthusiastic and highly skilled group of developers and a modern tech stack (AWS serverless, node.js, Angular).
What you’ll be doing
- Define and execute test strategies
- Collaborate with product owners and developers to understand requirements and translate them into test cases.
- Create well-structured test scripts for integration, regression, and stress tests in such a way that they also provide a basis for future automation
- Document all findings thoroughly using appropriate tooling
- Advise the product owners and CTO on required improvements in software quality
- Contribute to the software quality process from requirements to delivery to clients
- Keep up on the latest software quality assurance and testing developments
- Facilitate knowledge sharing on testing and software quality assurance with e.g., developers and product owners
Who you are
- You are a manual tester with a minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience
- You are analytical, patient, and creative with an eye for details
- You have a passion to really understand the functioning of a complex IT application
- You are familiar with our tech stack: node.js & Angular running on AWS serverless
- You have a background in software development. You understand the software development process. You have worked with the Atlassian suite before (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket).
- You have a basic knowledge of testing automation and are willing to learn more
- You are a team player and know how to intrinsically motivate others to focus on quality
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are fluent in English
- You hold a BA/BS or MA/MS degree in computer science or related technical discipline
Working @ Blanco
At Blanco you will work in a motivating scale-up environment with an open and transparent culture. Your future to-be colleagues are highly passionate and experienced professionals who want to exceed expectations every single time. We have a very international team (11 nationalities and counting) and the main language we use is English.
We offer you the opportunity to co-build an innovative FinTech company. You are enabled to work autonomously in a flexible environment in whatever way makes you most effective. Results matter, we’re not just about face time, producing lines of code or executing tasks. Blanco offers you opportunities for personal development and growth; a steep learning curve, a fair share of responsibility and a lot of freedom for you to shine. Our core values are Determined, Nimble and Inclusive.
You will get:
- A Visa sponsorship for you and your family (if needed)
- Your own Blanco MacBook (or another OS if you prefer)
- A lease bike (if you want one)
- Travel costs relating work fully reimbursed (also travel from and to home)
- A pension contribution
- Certificates of shares (with good performance), so Blanco will be your own company too
- Freedom and flexibility
- A great team to work in, with nice team events every now and then
- Opportunity to grow, learn and shine
You’ll get to work in one of our inspiring offices in Amsterdam (Spaces Zuidas) or Rotterdam (Spaces Hofplein) with lots of cool places to focus and relax!
Do you want to be part of a team of experienced self-starters with a high intrinsic motivation and drive? Please apply via https://app.equalture.com/en/vacancies/tester-blanco-080d59/applyor ask any questions you have (in Dutch or English) to email@example.com.