We develop innovative solutions for Wealth & Asset Managers. One of our most important IT strategy principles is‘We do not want to own servers, not physical, nor virtual’. That is why we choose to fully adopt the serverless architecture. But to be able to successfully execute our ambition we need a highly skilled colleague with experience in the AWS Serverless stack.
Do you feel excited to build microservices and work with serverless, GraphQL and bleeding edge technology? Do you think it’s fun to be constantly challenged and have the freedom to experiment and be creative? If so, then Blanco is the right fit for you. We’re a scale-up that develops innovative solutions for Wealth & Asset Managers and we’re looking for the next rock-star to join our team.
What you’ll be doing
We choose Angular for our frontend development, so Angular knowledge and experience is a hard requirement. Our frontend(s) connect to in-house developed RESTful or GraphQL API’s and integrate with third party services. Your connecting skills and the fact that you natively speak JSON, Observables, Routing, RxJS, HttpClient, internationalization(18n) may come in handy. You’re passionate about the frontend world and all the new stuff like PWAs, Service Workers, Web Workers, State Management and Ivy. Writing secure, reusable, and tested code is also part of your daily activities.
So you think you can code? How about design? Without a well-engineered User Design and User Experience our customers will not love all the functionality we provide them. Off-the shelve components will give us a good start, but we need you to work with our designer to slice and dice perfect screens and intuitive customer journeys.
The team would love to hear of and learn from your experience in frameworks, we hope you also might convince us to use solutions you used in the past as well. Of course we need you to spent a lot of time on cross-browser compatibility We use AWS for our infrastructure: we do not need you to have solution architect certificate, but if you used S3, Route53 and/or CloudFront that would definitely help you get on top of the list. We love to share a cup of java(script) with a cookie and talk about your ideas on web innovation.
Who you are
- A good problem solver who gets a motivation boost when facing new challenges.
- You have prior experience working with AWS.
- You live by best practices and good software design principles.
- Very comfortable with both NoSQL and Relational databases.
- You speak OO and Functional languages.
- You like to automate everything.
- You are familiar with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- AWS certification is a plus
Our Technical stack
- AWS: Lambda, ECS, SQS, SNS, Cognito, DynamoDB, Aurora Serverless, S3, API Gateway…
- Git, GitFlow, BitBucket, BitBucket Pipelines.
Working @ Blanco
At Blanco you will work in a motivating scale-up environment with an open and transparent culture. Your future to-be colleagues are highly passionate and experienced professionals who want to exceed expectations every single time. We have a very international team (11 nationalities and counting) and the main language we use is English.
We offer you the opportunity to co-build an innovative FinTech company. You are enabled to work autonomously in a flexible environment in whatever way makes you most effective. Results matter, we’re not just about face time, producing lines of code or executing tasks. Blanco offers you opportunities for personal development and growth; a steep learning curve, a fair share of responsibility and a lot of freedom for you to shine. Our core values are Determined, Nimble and Inclusive.
You will get:
- A Visa sponsorship for you and your family (if needed)
- Your own Blanco MacBook (or another OS if you prefer)
- A lease bike (if you want one)
- Travel costs relating work fully reimbursed (also travel from and to home)
- A pension contribution
- Certificates of shares (with good performance), so Blanco will be your own company too
- Freedom and flexibility
- A great team to work in, with nice team events every now and then
- Opportunity to grow, learn and shine
You’ll get to work in one of our inspiring offices in Amsterdam (Spaces Zuidas) or Rotterdam (Spaces Hofplein) with lots of cool places to focus and relax!
Do you want to be part of a team of experienced self-starters with a high intrinsic motivation and drive? Please apply via https://app.equalture.com/en/vacancies/senior-software-engineer-blanco-3e5b98/apply or ask any questions you have (in Dutch or English) to email@example.com