We develop innovative solutions for Wealth & Asset Managers. One of our most important IT strategy principles is‘We do not want to own servers, not physical, nor virtual’. That is why we choose to fully adopt the serverless architecture. But to be able to successfully execute our ambition we need a highly skilled colleague with experience in the AWS Serverless stack.
Are you following every news item, blog post or tweet about #serverless? Do you think it’s fun to be constantly challenged and have the freedom to be innovative? Your job will definitely be fun and exciting, since you’ll be working with a diverse, international, enthusiastic and highly skilled group of developers and a modern tech stack (AWS serverless, node.js, Angular). We would love to welcome you on board at blanco!
Will you join us in the serverless revolution?!
What would you do?
Of course we need you to fully master node.js, because that is what we use to write our Lambda functions. But you are a wizard right? And you love callbacks. We use the full AWS Serverless stack (and even more) so we hope you will be comfortable using the API Gateway and configure the endpoints with correct methods, query params, header forwards etc. Since we work with personal and financial data we need top-notch security so why not use API keys and Authorizers while we are at it.
If you master this trick you probably also master NoSQL and DynamoDB does not have many secrets for you. Or maybe you can convince us to use Aurora for specific use cases?
To manage our users we use AWS’s Cognito User Pools and Identity Pools to secure the API with temporary IAM credentials and permissions. If you have not yet worked with Cognito, this might be a good start.
Oh, and we want you to have some experience and knowledge on automatic integration and continuous deployment as well because that is just good development practice. We did say we need a Guru…
Skills and experience needed
- Proven NodeJS experience and skills
- Experience with AWS Serverless stack including a.o. Lambda, ECS, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Cognito
- Fully comfortable with Repositories, Git and Git-flow
- Skilled in automated unit tests
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with Atlassian suite (JIRA, BitBucket), Slack
- Knowledge of REST API, GraphQL (pre)
- AWS Certification (pre)
- Experience with the serverless framework (pre)
Work @ Blanco
At Blanco you will work in a motivating scale-up environment with an open and transparent culture. Your future to-be colleagues are highly passionate and experienced professionals who want to exceed expectations every single time. We have a very international team (11 nationalities and counting) and the main language we use is English.
We offer you the opportunity to co-build an innovative FinTech company. You are enabled to work autonomously in a flexible environment in whatever way makes you most effective. Results matter, we’re not just about face time, producing lines of code or executing tasks. Blanco offers you opportunities for personal development and growth; a steep learning curve, a fair share of responsibility and a lot of freedom for you to shine. Our core values are Determined, Nimble and Inclusive.
You will get:
- A Visa sponsorship for you and your family (if needed)
- Your own Blanco MacBook (or another OS if you prefer)
- A lease bike (if you want one)
- A contribution for your sports’ subscription
- Travel costs relating work fully reimbursed (also travel from and to home)
- A pension contribution
- Certificates of shares (with good performance), so Blanco will be your own company too
- Freedom and flexibility
- A great team to work in, with nice team events every now and then
- Opportunity to grow, learn and shine
- You’ll get to work in one of our inspiring offices in Amsterdam (Spaces Zuidas) or Rotterdam (Spaces Hofplein) with lots of cool places to focus and relax!
You’ll get to work in one of our inspiring offices in Amsterdam (Spaces Zuidas) or Rotterdam (Spaces Hofplein) with lots of cool places to focus and relax!
Do you want to be part of a team of experienced self-starters with a high intrinsic motivation and drive? Please apply via https://app.equalture.com/en/vacancies/senior-software-engineer-blanco-3e5b98/apply 8/applor ask any questions you have (in Dutch or English) to email@example.com